If you want a mouth-watering flavor explosion, try these Louisiana-inspired Etouffee Balls that I have created.
Serving Size: 2 Dozen
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup onions, small diced
1/4 cup bell peppers, small diced
1/4 cup celery, small diced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
3/4 cup seafood stock
1/2 cup fire roasted tomato
to taste, creole seasoning
to taste, salt
to taste, pepper
1/2 cup dice shrimp
1/2 cup crawfish
2 cups cold cooked rice
1 cup seasoned flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1. Heat butter in a sauté pan on medium heat until melted. Add flour to butter, cook together to make roux. Cook about 5 minutes.
2. Add in veggies and cook until soft, about 2 minutes
3. Add stock bring to boil then lower heat to medium
4. Stir in tomatoes, seasoning, and seafood. Simmer for about 10/15 minutes. Cool.
5. Combine cooked rice and Etouffee, spread mix on sheet tray and freeze for 15 to 30 minutes.
6. Once cold, but not frozen, using your hand roll mix into balls in the palm of your hand.( about 2 dz per recipe)
7. Dip balls into seasoned flour, then buttermilk, then breadcrumbs; completely covering etouffee balls in each breading step.
7. Deep fry until golden brown.
** Try them with ranch dip**